Altaris invests in companies that operate across the healthcare industry, including the pharmaceuticals, medical devices, services and IT sectors. We target businesses that are generating revenue and addressing the needs of the healthcare system by improving patient outcomes, reducing costs and increasing efficiency.
What we look for
- Talented and motivated management;
- Differentiated products or service offerings;
- Strong intellectual property;
- Transformative business models;
- Underappreciated or under utilized assets.
We make control and significant minority investments which typically range in size from $15-50 million of equity. Because every transaction is unique, we take a creative and flexible approach to each investment. In analyzing opportunities, our primary focus is on market dynamics and business fundamentals, including historical performance and potential for profitable growth, both organic and through acquisitions.
Many of our investments are completed in partnership with corporations or not-for-profit organizations. These include carve-out transactions of non-core assets which have better prospects as standalone entities, as well as strategic co-ownership arrangements.
We build value at portfolio companies by
- Leveraging the extensive Altaris network within the healthcare industry;
- Funding aggressive growth plans;
- Supporting and strengthening management teams and boards of directors;
- Identifying and structuring acquisitions and strategic transactions;
- Instituting operational best practices.